JOB POSTING: Office and Communications Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
Scope / Position Summary
You are looking for an administrative position where you can thrive in a dynamic environment. You are business oriented and a passionate communicator using all the latest social media tools. You love logistics, problem solving and are insanely organized. You have the ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative and love finding operational efficiencies and improvements. You pride yourself on understanding complex problems and finding solutions. You are collaborative and comfortable working in a small open concept office. You can communicate effectively between various stakeholders and offices in Toronto and Montreal.
Directly Reports to: CEO, Independent Production Fund and Executive Director, Bell Fund
Takes day to day operational direction from: Program Managers, Independent Production Fund, and Bell Fund, and works to communicate effectively with our Montreal office
- Performs administrative support/clerical activities such as invoice processing, tracking payments and contracts, managing paperwork/files, filing, and mailing
- Supports the Program Manager(s) by regularly updating internal database.
- Fixes any technical problems with the CRM, web host provider, and service and equipment providers.
- Maintains a tidy, organized office, tracking and ordering supplies as needed.
- Assists the leadership and management team in other tasks as required, organizing or researching information
- Supports the Program Managers with special projects such as Board meeting preparation, travel, annual reports, and researches/prepares materials as required.
- Supports the program application process as required which may include inputting application information, creating application records and charts, follow up with producers and monitoring incoming deliverables for completeness
- Responsible for archiving/ tracking of information related to funded projects including nominations, awards, and media coverage.
- Enhances the online presence of the Funds by developing and maintaining social networking initiatives and regular updates to the websites to keep them fresh and relevant (new projects funded, changes to program applications, guidelines and policies and the publishing of press releases)
- Undertakes promotional activities, social media, advertising and special event marketing initiatives as required. Develops a basic understanding of the projects supported by the Funds
- Liaises with the industry by responding to application enquiries in relation to all aspects of the funding processes.
- Answers telephone calls and provides information about the Fund’s programs/ guidelines.
- Proof reading and editing and coordinating of reports as required
- Administration – demonstrated ability to perform administrative support activities
- Social Media and Web master – strong familiarity with website development (WordPress) and performance, use of social media tools
- Computer literacy – strong PC skills in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, online databases, and other web tools
- Organizational skills – demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload and deliver to deadlines
- Customer Service – understands the role of the Independent Production Funds within the Industry and works collaboratively with clients to ensure a positive outcome.
- Teamwork and Initiative – capable of working independently and can exercise a high degree of independent judgment but works well with others
- Able to accomplish a lot in a short period of time and works well with a team
- Bilingualism is an asset – fluency in both English and French
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and the names and phone numbers of 2 references attached as a PDF or Word document by 5pm on Friday September 29th, 2017 BY EMAIL ONLY. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note Office and Communications Coordinator in the subject line*.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. The Funds are an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for applications: Friday, September 29th, 2017